Jeff Williams appointed as Chief Operating Officer of Apple Inc
The post of COO of the company had been lying vacant since Chief Executive Tim Cook's ascension to position of Chief Executive Officer of Apple Inc in 2011.
Jeff Williams was on 18 December 2015 appointed as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Apple Inc. The post of COO of the company had been lying vacant since Tim Cook's ascension to position of Chief Executive Officer of Apple Inc in 2011.
Williams has been working with Apple Inc for about 17 years.
About Jeff Williams
• Jeff joined Apple in 1998 as head of worldwide procurement and in 2004 he was named vice president of Operations.
• Since 2010, he has overseen Apple’s entire supply chain, service and support, and the social responsibility initiatives.
• He played a key role in Apple’s entry into the mobile phone market with the launch of iPhone.
• He continues to supervise development of Apple’s first wearable product Apple Watch.
• Before joining Apple, Williams worked at IBM for three years in engineering and operations roles.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App