JNU to rename its Management School after Late PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
The decision came following the move undertaken by Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh to rename the upcoming capital Naya Raipur as Atal Nagar. Moreover, Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government also decided to name the proposed Bundelkhand Expressway as ‘Atal Path’.
The Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) on August 23, 2018 announced that the School of Management and Entrepreneurship will be renamed to ‘Atal Bihari Vajpayee School of Management and Entrepreneurship’, as a tribute to the late Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee passed away on August 16, 2018. He served as the Member of Parliament for Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. He was a member of the Parliament for over four decades. He was elected to the Lok Sabha for ten times, and was twice elected to the Rajya Sabha, the upper house.
The decision came following the move undertaken by Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh to rename the upcoming capital Naya Raipur as Atal Nagar.
Moreover, Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government also decided to name the proposed Bundelkhand Expressway as ‘Atal Path’.
Various states are working on similar initiatives to pay tribute to BJP stalwart Atal Bihari Vajpayee
• Apart from these, the AIIMS Rishikesh auditorium, a ghat on Sabarmati River in Gujarat and the cyber tower in Mauritius will also be named after him.
• Even, North Delhi Municipal Corporation is consolidating a list of institutions including parks, schools, and hospitals to be named after Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
• Andhra Pradesh wants to name AIIMS Mangalagiri after Vajpayee; and Himachal Pradesh wants to rename the Rohtang Tunnel after him.
• Several states including Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Assam, and Madhya Pradesh have urged the Central Government to rename landmarks after Vajpayee.
• Shivraj Singh Chouhan has sought Central Government’s permission to change the name of Habibganj railway station in Madhya Pradesh after him.
• The state government of Madhya Pradesh has also decided to build two memorials in Gwalior and Bhopal and include a biography on Vajpayee in the school curriculum from next year to preserve the memory of the late leader.
• The Himachal Pradesh cabinet also approved the proposal to install a statue of Atal Bihari Vajpayee at Shimla’s historic Ridge.
• Assam BJP legislator from Dibrugarh constituency Prasanta Phukan has appealed to the Centre to name the yet-to-be-inaugurated Bogibeel bridge after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.