Former President of Pradesh Congress Committee (NPCC) K V Pusa passed away on 2 January 2016 following a brief illness. He was 63. He is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter.
Other than serving the political career, Pusa was also associated with social activities such as leading various students, farmers and sports organizations.
About K V Pusa
• He was the sitting member of All India Congress Committee.
• He had served as Minister for Veterinary and Animal Husbandry during 1998-1999.
• He was Minister for Roads and Bridges during 2000-2003 in S C Jamir led Congress government in Nagaland.
• Before joining Congress in 1998, Pusa won the state assembly elections for the first time in 1993 as an independent candidate from Southern Angami Assembly Constituency under Kohima district.
• In government service, he served as PRO/PS of Chief Minister during 1979-82 and as a Protocol Officer from 1984 to 1988.
• He was also the member of Nagaland Assembly in the opposition bench for two terms from 2003-08 and 2008-2013.
• He was the Chairman of renowned educational institutions like Baptist English and Mezhur HSS.