The Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) on 1 June 2014 won the seventh edition of Indian Premier League 2014 by defeating Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) by three wickets in the final played at Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore. This is the second title triumph for KKR after their maiden win back in 2012.
Batting first Wriddhiman Saha century in 49 balls helped KXIP to set a mammoth score of 199 run to be chased by KKR. Batting second as chasers, KKR’s Manish Pandey fuelled a match-winning 94 off 50 balls.
With this win, Kolkata Knight Riders that choose to field first after winning the toss has now joined Chennai Super Kings, as a team that has claimed two IPL trophies. Earlier, KKR defeated Chennai Super Kings in the final match in 2012.
• Man of the Match: Manish Pandey
• Umpires: Kumar Dharmasena, Bruce Oxenford, S Ravi, CK Nandan
• Referee: Roshan Mahanama
Captains of the two teams
• Kolkata Knight Riders: Gautam Gambhir
• Kings XI Punjab: George Bailey
The previous winners of the IPL are as follows
• IPL Season 1: Rajasthan Royals
• IPL Season 2: Deccan Chargers
• IPL Season 3: Chennai Super Kings
• IPL Season 4: Chennai Super Kings
• IPL Season 5: Kolkata Knight Riders
• IPL Season 6: Mumbai Indians
When: 1 June 2014