An Indian national, Kundhavi Kadiresan was on 14 October 2015 appointed as the Assistant Director of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and Regional Representative for Asia and the Pacific. She was appointed at the post by FAO Director General José Graziano da Silva.
Kadiresan succeeded Hiroyuki Konuma who retired from FAO earlier in 2015.
As FAO’s Assistant-Director General and Regional Representative for Asia and the Pacific, Kadiresan’s primary objectives are to advocate FAO’s policies throughout the region, support the coordination and monitoring of regional events, knowledge and information exchange and the further development of regional norms and standards. This includes joint UN approaches on policy and regulatory frameworks, collaborative capacity development of FAO constituents, resource mobilization and aid coordination.
Kadiresan will lead the prioritization of FAO’s work across the region in close consultation with technical specialists in the Organization and in partnership with relevant regional organizations.
About Kundhavi Kadiresan
• Kadiresan has more than 25 years of senior managerial experience in economic and policy development.
• She holds a Ph.D in Economics and an MBA in International Business.
• Kadiresan, an economist, has spent most of her professional career with the World Bank Group.
• She has worked in Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe and Latin America, where she led senior-level policy dialogues and managed large loan portfolios.
• With extensive experience in both developed and developing countries, Kadiresan brings a strategic perspective and pragmatic approach to the developmental challenges facing the world.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Kundhavi Kadiresan
When: 14 October 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.