Legendary Footballer and Former England captain David Beckham on 16 May 2013 announced his retirement from professional football and gave an end to his illustrious career of more than two decades. He will retire from the professional football after the end of this season.
The 38 year old footballer recently helped his team to win a league title in the fourth country with Paris Saint Germain.
About David Beckham
• Beckham earned 115 caps for England, a record for an outfield player, and won the Champions League, six Premier League titles and two FA Cups with Manchester United.
• David Beckham joined Manchester United as a 14-year-old in 1992 and made 398 appearances, winning six Premier League titles and the Champions League.
• He made his debut for England in 1996 and made 115 appearances for the country
• He is the most capped outfield player of in the history of England
• By securing the Paris Saint-Germain's Ligue 1 wins, he has won 19 trophies of which 10 are League titles
• He is the only English player to win Championship titles in 4 different countries
• Beckham was a key member of the Treble Team and he helped it in addition of Champions League, 2 FA Cups, 1 Intercontinental Cup and 4 Community Shields to a long list of its honours. (Treble Team is a term that is used in football association to refer a team that wins three trophies in a single season).
• He is the first English player who scored in 3 consecutive World Cup Finals
• Beckham has the record of joint-second most goal assists in European Championship Finals history
• He is among few of the British players who played for Real Madrid, AC Milan, LA Galaxy and Paris Saint-Germain
• He is the first British player to reach 100 champions league appearances
• He was successful in winning La Liga Title in the final season of Spain as well as has been the winner of US MLS Championship twice
• He helped the team to win French Ligue 1 Championship in 19 years