Professional networking Web site LinkedIn on 8 January 2013 appointed Nishant K. Rao as the new Country Manager for its India operations.
With the appointment of Nishant Rao the former Country Manager Hari V. Krishnan promoted into a larger role as the Managing Director of Asia-Pacific and Japan. Krishnan is supposed to play a key role in growing LinkedIn’s presence in the Asia-Pacific region and reinforcing LinkedIn’s commitment to connect professionals in Asia-Pacific and Japan to make them more successful and productive.
The role of Nishant Rao will be that of focusing on scaling up operations and staying committed to LinkedIn’s value proposition of connecting India’s professionals to make them more successful and productive and helping enterprises hire, market and sell effectively.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with 187 million members globally. It has over 18 million members in India.
Also, it is evident that with a member base of 18 million professionals, India is one of our fastest growing markets and the largest outside of the US. Indian marketers and recruiters are fast realising the potential of LinkedIn’s affluent member base and are leveraging the platform for targeted and thought leadership oriented campaigns.
A Brief Insight into Nishant Rao’s Career
• Nishant Rao had served as Director (Business Operations - Head of Global Sales Strategy) at LinkedIn’s headquarters in Mountain View.
• He has more than 10 years of industry experience and had held leadership positions with companies like McKinsey and ARIBA Inc.
• He was also one of the founding members of Epicentre Technologies, billed as one of India’s first call centers.
• He holds an MBA degree in Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Marketing and International Business from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a B.S. in Computer Science from the University of Texas, Austin.
• He has been associated with LinkedIn since September 2011.