Lok Sabha Election Result 2019: Sensex, Nifty at Record Highs, Markets breaches 40,000 mark
During the Lok Sabha Election results it has been seen for the first time Sensex and Nifty hit the levels of 40,000 and 12,000 respectively.
On 20 May,2019, the first phase was started when in exit polls BJP led NDA got an absolute majority and a lot of boom in the share market was seen. The Sensex and Nifty that day had the biggest momentum of one day in the last 10 years. Then on 21 May, 2019 the sensex declined by 1 percent. Further, on 22nd May, the Sensex closed down marginally.
On 23rd May, the stock market opens with a benchmark indices. Sensex and Nifty opening at record highs as the early trend showed.
- The S&P BSE Sensex surged as 1,014.75 points to hit an all-time high of 40,124.96.
- The Nifty 50 index climbed as much as 303.25 points to hit a record high of 12,041.15.
For the first time on the National Stock Exchange – Nifty Bank Index crossing 31,000 mark.
- Sector wise all the indices on NSE were trading with solid gains with Nifty PSU gains followed by the private banks.
- In the broader market, the S&P BSE MidCap index was trading over 1.5 per cent higher while the S&P BSE Smallcap was up 1.65 per cent up.
- On 23rd May,2019, Asian shares were trading with MSCI's broadset index of Asia-Pacific shares outside easing 0.01 percent.
- The US stocks ended lower in the overnight trade on the Wall Street.
- If we see commodities, oil prices dropped.
Take a look how the market moves in earlier elections.
16 May, 2014
The Sensex, for the first time, made history, touched 25,000 levels. However, after the upturn, suddenly market collapsed. In intra-day, the market rose by 1470 points to 25375.
18 May, 2009
The day of counting was on 16 May, but due to Saturday it was closed. On Monday, 18 May, when the market opened, tremendous growth was seen in the market. This can be speculated by the fact that the Sensex closed at 12,173 in the evening on Friday and closed at 14,284 on 18 May. This was the first time in the history of the stock market that in one day, the Sensex rose 30% to 17.34%.
14 May, 2004
Counting of votes was done on 13 May, 2004, but the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) got majority, on 14 May .The Sensex fell by 6 percent. After this, in the next session i.e. on 17th May saw a decline in Sensex by 11 per cent.
Lok Sabha General Election Results 2019 Sensex Nifty Live Updates @ 4:08 PM: At closing hour, Indian equity market lost all gains with benchmark indices falling around 1 per cent each. Sensex traded closed lower by 298.82 points or 0.76 per cent at 38,811, while Nifty was down by 80 points or 0.69 per cent down at 11,657.05.