Ministry of Railways and MoRT&H signed MoU to construct ROB/RUBs on National Highways
Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRT&H) on 10 November 2014 signed Memorandum of Understanding.
Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRT&H) on 10 November 2014 signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Policy Related to Constructions of Road Over Bridges/Road Under Bridges (Robs/Rubs) on National Highway corridors.
Highlights of the agreement
- Online tracking of various proposals under approval will be possible.
- Authorized representatives of Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Road Transport & highways can track the status of new proposals under approval, the proposals which have already been approved, the stage of approval of the proposal, delay in approval of proposals and reasons thereof.
- Through this MoU, there will be speedy clearances of various design & drawings for construction of ROB/RUB on National Highway Corridors.
- Clear cut defined responsibility for construction of ROB/RUB on National Highway Corridors
- This MoU will improve safety of road users on National Highway and improve train operations.
- This will also give a big boost towards infrastructural development in the country and will generate lot of employment.
Other Initiatives taken by Ministries
Moreover, Ministry of Railway in consultation with Ministry of Road Transport & Highways have evolved a procedure for speedy clearance for Road Over Bridges /Road Under Bridges, Private Sidings and various Track Crossings.
Ministry of Railways has developed a web-based programme for online submission of application for getting expeditious approval of various drawings related to ROBs/RUBs within 60 days. This programme includes all the standard span drawing developed by Railways, check list to be followed for preparation of General Arrangement Drawing and standard MOU.