11 November 2013: National Education Day of India
The National Education Day of India was celebrated on 11 November 2013 at Gangtok, Sikkim. The National Education Day has been celebrated in India since the year 2008. It is celebrated to commemorate the anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, a great freedom fighter, an eminent educationist and the first Education Minister of India. It was also celebrated at Mewat in 2008.
Celebrations of the National Education Day of India
• On the occasion of the National Education Day of India, the President of India Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate the 40th Jawaharlal Nehru National Science, Mathematics and Environment Exhibition. The theme of the exhibition will be Science and Society.
• The objective of the exhibition is development of scientific temper in the society and also to develop enhanced learning of mathematical capabilities in the children. Around 400 children from across the country will participate in this exhibition.
• The State Governments, regulators and autonomous organisations under Ministry of HRD also decided to observe the National Education Day.
• In the meanwhile, the National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA) planned a Maulana Azad Memorial Lecture at India International Centre in New Delhi on the National Education Day.
• The universities arranged competitions like Conferences, Essay, Debate competitions and Quiz.
• UGC also planned to organise a lecture on this occasion to commemorate the anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
• Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathana will also celebrate the National Education Day.
• Also, 187 entries were received from different regions of CBSE in order to select two students as well as two teachers in every region for their exemplary work in areas like facilitating education to underprivileged section. These students and teachers will be felicitated with the cash prize of 20000 Rupees.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.