New mobile app launched for beneficiaries of PMAY (U) mission
New mobile application has been launched to bring beneficiaries directly in contact with the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban mission. It will allow the beneficiaries to capture and upload high-resolution photographs and videos of completed houses along with their families.
Minister of State (I/C) for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep S Puri on February 14, 2019 launched the PMAY (U) mobile application in New Delhi.
A one-minute film showcasing the impact of PMAY (U) in the lives of beneficiaries was also released on the occasion. Speaking during the launch, the Minister emphasised that the mission intends to create a closer interface with its beneficiaries.
The mobile application has been developed to bring beneficiaries directly in contact with the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) mission.
• The mobile app will allow beneficiaries of PMAY (U) to capture and upload high-resolution photographs and videos of completed houses along with their families.
• These photos and videos of beneficiary testimonies will be scrutinised at the state as well as at the central level.
• The selected beneficiaries from the states and union territories would be awarded and invited as special guests for the anniversary celebration of PMAY (U).
• The application will also allow the beneficiaries to upload selfies with their house and a 30 - 60 seconds video clip where they would share stories of owning a house under PMAY (U).
• These stories would be an emotional recount of experiences such as increased self-esteem, sense of pride and dignity, improved social status, safety and security for the family, protected environment for the girl child and children’s education among others.
The short film showcases the impact of PMAY (U) on the lives of beneficiaries from across the country. It narrates the stories of happy families experiencing a transformation of owning a house with all basic amenities such as water, electricity, toilet and kitchen with gas connection.
The film narrates how PMAY (U) is contributing in transforming the lives of all Indians starting from Kashmir to Kerala and empowering them from different walks of life.
It has captured the journey and emotions of families belonging to different regions of the country who feel connected with a common feeling, the pride of owning their dream house through PMAY (U).
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) mission was launched on June 25, 2015 with the aim to provide houses to every eligible urban household in India by the year 2022.
The scheme has achieved a significant milestone of approving more than 73 lakh houses against a validated demand for about one crore houses in urban areas.
Around 40 Lakh houses are at various stages of construction and more than 15 lakh houses have already been completed.
Further, around 12 lakh houses are being constructed using new and emerging technologies.