The Delhi Government on 9 December 2017 launched a mobile application through which Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Classes, minorities, and handicapped persons can apply for employment loans.
The app will help applicants to apply for the loan with Delhi SC/ST/OBC/Minorities and Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (DSFDC) without any hassle.
The Government also said that the inefficient officers, who do not process the loans on time, will be forced to take compulsory retirement.
• A person can apply for loan through the app and the applicant can know about the decision on its approval in a month's time.
• If the application is rejected, the officer will have to clarify the grounds on which loan was rejected.
• If an officer does not complete the formalities in a week time, the file will be transferred to his superior officer and the inefficiency will be marked in the officer's service book.
• Efficiency of the officers will be measured through data from the app for taking further action.
• Initially 100 students will be selected under the scheme and later the number will be increased to 5000.
• The SC/ST fund will be used to pay coaching fees as well as Rs 2500 as an assistance for buying books and other needs.
• Moreover, students who want to apply for various vocational courses, can do it through the app.
Who: SC/STs in Delhi
When: 9 December 2017