Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik on 3 October 2015 launched a Citizen Portal, which enables the citizens to lodge their complaints online to the state police through internet.
The facility will allow citizens to access information, request for different police services and complaints. They can also get a copy of FIR.
Features of Citizen Portal
• Citizens can avail the service of portal to get character certificates.
• They can seek permission for taking out processions, rallies, protests and strikes.
• They can ask for permission to hold events and performances.
• They can use the portal for tenants verification, employees verification.
• They can also track the status of the complaints registered by them on the portal.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Launched Citizen Portal
When: 3 October 2015