Ola signs MoU with Union Government to benefit Safai Karamcharis
The MoU aims to focus on building a sustainable framework by supporting entrepreneurship, skill development training and self-defence courses for Safai Karamcharis and Scavengers.
Mobile app for transportation Ola on 18 May 2016 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC) of the Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to benefit Safai Karamcharis.
Highlights of the MoU
• The MoU aims to focus on building a sustainable framework by supporting entrepreneurship, skill development training and self-defence courses for Safai Karamcharis and Scavengers.
• The Ola-NSKFDC partnership will generate synergies that will result in a better future for driver entrepreneurs by creating sustainable careers and livelihoods for them.
• Ola will help create opportunities for these trained drivers by giving them access to infrastructure, financing and continuous revenue.
• Aimed at socio-economic development of Scavengers, the MoU will aim at benefitting these people by enabling livelihood opportunities, especially for women beneficiaries identified by NSKFDC.
• Ola will facilitate driver-partner micro-entrepreneurship opportunities on its platform for those who are identified and trained by NSKFDC.
• Ola will also help the trained women drivers with opportunities like assistance in buying a car directly from manufacturers with the support of financial institutions.
This initiative is in line with Ola's mission to up-skill drivers and create an ecosystem that is conducive for them to grow as entrepreneurs.
Ola has also forged a number of partnerships with State Governments and other Government agencies to accomplish a shared vision of creating entrepreneurship opportunities for hundreds of thousands of men and women across the country.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App