P Sivakumar, Director of CVRDE, was on 19 September 2015 elevated as a Distinguished Scientist or Scientist H by the Union Ministry of Defense. It is the highest honour conferred on a scientist in India.
CVRDE stands for Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment. It is located at Avadi in Tamil Nadu.
Sivakumar’s elevation was in recognition of his dedication and diligence in self-reliance effort for defence combat vehicle systems and sub-systems.
Achievements of P Sivakumar
• He was involved in development of various products including the Arjun MBT Mark-II, Carrier Command Post Tracked Vehicle, unmanned ground vehicles.
• He worked for more than two decades in Design and Development of Transmission systems for tracked and wheeled vehicles application.
• He was instrumental in comparative trials with T-90 to decide the deployment strategy for ARJUN MBT.
• As the Director of CVRDE since March 2010 he has been instrumental in developing critical systems for the Indian armed forces.
• He received the Scientist of the Year Award 2010 of DRDO for his active role in the Arjun MBT project management.
• He is a member of many professional institutions particularly American Gear Manufacturers Association (AGMA), American Society of Metals (ASM) and Institution of Engineers, India.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: CVRDE Director P Siva Kumar
When: 19 September 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.