Pharmaceutical giant Pfizer on 18 March 2016 appointed S Sridhar as its Managing Director (MD) with immediate effect for a period of five years.
However, Sridhar’s appointment will be subject to approval of the company's shareholders at the annual general meeting.
Who is S Sridhar?
• S Sridhar is a chartered accountant by profession with over 20 years of experience.
• He has served as Pfizer Chief Financial Officer for a period of seven years, and was appointed as Executive Director in May 2013.
• He also concurrently led the company's distribution function for three years.
• At present, he is heading Pfizer's anti-infective, cardio-vascular and ophthalmology business.
• Pfizer Inc. is an American global pharmaceutical corporation headquartered in New York City.
• It is among the world's largest pharmaceutical companies.
• Pfizer was founded in 1849 by cousins Charles Pfizer and Charles F. Erhart in New York City as a manufacturer of fine chemicals.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: S Sridhar
When: 18 March 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.