PM Modi inaugurated Mahakal Lok corridor project in Ujjain
Prime Minister Modi inaugurated Shri Mahakal Lok at Shri Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh. PM Modi also addressed a public meeting in Ujjain.
Prime Minister Modi inaugurated Shri Mahakal Lok at Shri Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh on October 11, 2022. It has been built in the Mahakaleshwar temple of Ujjain, one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of India.
PM Modi also addressed a public meeting in Ujjain. Shri Mahakal Lok is a place where all the mythological stories of Lord Shankar will be witnessed in one place. After inaugurating the project, Prime Minister Modi also inspected the Mahakal Lok corridor. He was accompanied by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
#WATCH | Ujjain, MP: PM dedicates to the nation Shri Mahakal Lok. Phase I of the project will help in enriching the experience of pilgrims visiting the temple by providing them with world-class modern amenities— ANI (@ANI) October 11, 2022
Total cost of the entire project is around Rs 850 cr.
(Source: DD) pic.twitter.com/J1UnlU9XLa
What did PM say at the inauguration?
PM Modi said that spirituality is present in every particle and divine energy is being transmitted in every corner of Ujjain. The city has led India's prosperity, knowledge, dignity, and literature for thousands of years. He also added that innovation comes with renovation. India is renovating what it had lost in the era of slavery.
Inauguration of Mahakal Lok: Significance
- Once the inauguration is complete, the temple area will increase from 2.87 hectares to 47 hectares. It will also increase the holding capacity significantly.
- The project will also help in enriching the experience of pilgrims coming to the temple.
- It will also provide the pilgrims with world-class modern facilities.
- The project also aims to decongest the complete area and put special emphasis on the conservation and restoration of heritage structures.
Mahakal Lok: key details
- Mahakal Lok has a length of over 900 m and 108 elaborate sandstone columns each with “mudras” of Lord Shiva in a row and a decorative “Trishul” on top.
- The path contains 108 stambhs depicting the dance form “Anand Tandav Swaroop '' of Lord Shiva.
- Various religious sculptures showing the life of Lord Shiva are also established along the Mahakal Path.
- The Mural wall along the Mahakal path is based on Shiva Purana stories including the Birth of Ganesha, Daksha, the Act of creation, and the Story of Sati among others.
- The average cost of the Shri Mahakal Corridor is Rs.800 crore, built on the lines of the Kashi Vishwanath Corridor.
After the inauguration program, PM Modi addressed a public meeting at Kartik Mela Ground in Ujjain. More than 60 thousand people attended the meeting. In the first phase of this project, Mahakal Lok, Rudrasagar, Harsiddhi Temple, Char Dham Temple, and Vikram Tila have been built and developed at a cost of around 351 crore Rs. The second phase of work will be completed in the year 2023-24.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS