Portal for Contract Labour Payment Management System launched
The portal was created for monitoring compliance of labour payment and other benefits to the contract workers under the Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970.
Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal and New & Renewable Energy on 4 May 2016 launched ‘Contract Labour Payment Management System’- a portal of Coal India Limited (CIL).
This web portal will help the government to curb problems like corruption and exploitation of contractual workers by contractors. It will also help in providing proper and timely wages to contractual workers.
It has been planned to make payment to the contractors only after submitting a system generated declaration of compliance.
Main Features of Web Portal
• The web portal is created for monitoring compliance of labour payment and other benefits to the contract workers under the Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970.
• It is an integrated system for all subsidiaries of CIL.
• The in-house developed application will maintain a comprehensive database of all contract workers engaged by different contractors in CIL and all its subsidiaries.
• The portal will be managed by the Central Mine Planning and Development Institute (CMPDI), Ranchi. It is a consultancy subsidiary of Coal India Limited.
• The system has in-built mechanism to validate minimum wages paid, generate wage slips and employment card and others of contract workers as required under the Act.
• The portal provides access to all contract workers, through a Workers Identification Number (WIN), to view their personal details and payment status.
• The portal will allow contract workers to register their grievance.
• The system extends facility to all citizens of the country to view a snapshot of contract works in CIL and subsidiaries, number of contract workers engaged, payment status, minimum wages paid etc.
• The Nodal Officer at different locations in the company will monitor the process and ensure compliance by all contractors.
Apart from this, the minister also urged all other PSUs and private sector organisations to replicate this portal and assured free of cost technical support. This portal will be made fully functional within 45 to 60 days.
This will enhance proper monitoring of legal compliances under Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, especially the payment of correct wages to the contract workers and PF deductions and deposit and other statutory obligations.
Besides, Goyal also felicitated employees of his Ministries, Public Sector Undertakings and organization/Statutory bodies for their path breaking work towards lighting up India in last two years.
The felicitated ones include 4 employees from 34 organisations of 3 ministries from 26 states.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App