President Pranab Mukherjee on 4 May 2016 conferred the 15th set of Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) Niryat Shree and Niryat Bandhu Awards in New Delhi.
The awards were presented at the Golden Jubilee celebrations of Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO).
The awards were conferred to the companies from various sectors of exports besides service providers, banks, and various facilitating agencies which are promoting exports during the year 2015-16.
List of award recipients
• Reliance Industry was adjudged as the top foreign exchange earner and leading exporter of last 50 years.
• TCS bagged the Gold Award in IT services. Exporters from engineering, chemicals, textiles, agro and processed sector, etc. were also given Gold/Silver/Bronze awards.
• State Bank of India got the Gold award followed by Canara Bank and Punjab National Bank are among the supporting institutions.
Besides conferring the awards, the president also unveiled the brand new FIEO Logo representing growth, vibrancy, innovation and entrepreneurship.
About Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO)
• It was set up in 1965 and completed 50 years of its service to the exporting community.
• The Federation started with a small room in Allahabad Bank building moved to its state of art building at Niryat Bhawan, New Delhi.
• It extended its arms to support the State Governments through formulation of Export Strategy and Export Policy.
• The Trade Portal developed by FIEO has provided single window information on all facets of international trade for Indian Exim community.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: New Delhi
When: 4 May 2016