Raghuram Govind Rajan Appointed as the 23rd Governor of RBI
Raghuram Govind Rajan was on 6 August 2013, appointed as the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a time period of three years.
Raghuram Govind Rajan, the Chief Economic Adviser was on 6 August 2013, appointed as the Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a time period of three years, i.e., till 2016. He succeeds D. Subbarao who demits the office on 4 September 2013. He will be the 23rd Governor of RBI.
About Raghuram Govind Rajan
• Raghuram Govind Rajan was born on 3 February 1963.
• He is 50 years of age and so far, he is the youngest person to become the Governor of the Central Bank of India.
• He is known for predicting the economic crisis of 2008.
• He is an alumnus of IIT-Delhi and IIM-Ahmedabad. He received his Doctorate degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
• He also remained Eric J. Gleacher Distinguished Service Professor of Finance at the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business.
• He is the visiting professor for Swedish Parliamentary Commission, World Bank and Federal Reserve Board.
• Formerly, he also served as the president of the American Finance Association.
• He remained a chief economist of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).