Rajendra Kashyap was appointed as the Financial Commissioner (Railways) and ex-officio Secretary to the Government of India on 21 October 2013. He took charge of the office immediately.
Life Sketch of Rajendra Kashyap
• Rajendra Kashyap belongs to the 1976 exam batch of Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS).
• He joined IRAS in the year 1977.
• Before being appointed as the Financial Commissioner (Railways), he served as the additional charge of Financial Commissioner (Railways) with effect from 1 July 2013.
• He also served as the as Additional Member (Budget), Railway Board.
• He worked in various capacities on the Zonal Railways and in Ministry of Railways and Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India.
• He completed his MBA from University of Strathclyde, U.K.
• He held the posts of Director Finance and Managing Director, Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC) during February 2002 to August 2011.