Reliance Defence Limited and Dassault Aviation on 16 February 2017 announced the incorporation of Dassault Reliance Aerospace Limited (DRAL). The DRAL is a joint venture (JV) between the Reliance Aerostructure Limited (RAL) and Dassault Aviation (DA).
In the DRAL, the French company Dassault Aviation will have 49 per cent shareholding, while the RAL will have 51 per cent shareholding.
About Dassault Reliance Aerospace Limited (DRAL)
• The DRAL will be a key player in the execution of the Union Government’s deal with Dassault to purchase 36 Rafale fighter jets at a value of Rs 60,000 crore.
• DRAL has finalized the infrastructure requirements at Dhirubhai Aerospace Park at Mihan, Nagpur and the construction work for the greenfield facility will start in May 2017.
• DRAL will execute the programs in phases, with Phase I resulting in the generation of more than 700 highly-skilled direct jobs and 2,800 indirect jobs.
• DRAL will support the Union Government’s Make in India and Skill India initiatives.
• The joint venture will assist major Indian programs with high levels of technology transfer to benefit the entire aerospace sector.
• The proposed strategic partnership will also focus on promoting research and development projects under the IDDM (Indigenously Designed, Developed and Manufactured) programme.
• While Eric Trappier, Chairman of Dassault Aviation, will be the Chairman of DRAL, Anil Dhirubahi Ambani, Chairman of the Reliance Group, will be the Co-Chairman of DRAL.
About Reliance Defence Ltd
• Reliance Defence Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure Limited.
• The Reliance Infrastructure Limited is an Infrastructure arm of the Reliance Group.
• The Company has industrial licenses for the full spectrum of military platforms.
• The company is involved in the development, manufacture and supply of aerospace, land and naval platforms and equipment.
About Dassault Aviation
• Dassault Aviation is specialized in offering recognized know-how and experience in the design, development, sale and support of all types of aircraft.
• Rafale fighter jets, and Falcon high-end business jets are the products of the French company.
• The company delivered 8,000 military and civil aircraft to more than 90 countries over the past 60 years.
When: 16 February 2017