Renowned film-maker Lakshman Rao Mohite alias Geethapriya died
Renowned Kannada lyricist and film-maker was born Lakshman Rao Mohite and stuck to his penname Geethapriya throughout his film career.
Renowned Kannada lyricist and film-maker Geethapriya died of cardiac arrest on 17 January 2016 in Bengaluru. He was 84 and survived by wife, son and two daughters.
About Lakshman Rao Mohite alias Geethapriya
• Lakshman Rao Mohite was born on 15 June 1931 and became famous his pen-name Geethapriya.
• He penned lyrics for over 250 songs in Kannada and directed 40 films including one Hindi film.
• He wrote his first song for Sri Rama Pooja film in 1954 and became director through Mannina Maga, starring Rajkumar in 1968.
• The movie bagged National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Kannada and State awards.
• The Karnataka government honoured him with the Puttanna Kanagal Award in 1986 in recognition to his contribution to the Kannada film industry.
• He was also received the Dr. B. Saroja Devi National Award and Sandesha Awards in 2012.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App