Veenapani Chawla, an acclaimed theatre personality died on 30 November 2014 after a severe heart attack. She died at a private hospital in Puducherry. She was 67.
About Veenapani Chawla
• Chawla was an actress-director-choreographer-writer-composer
• She founded Adishakti Laboratory for Theatre Art Research in 1981, which aimed to promote research into the creation of new performance methodologies
• She was considered a pioneer of experimental theatre in India
• She received a Fellowship for a one month Residency at Villa Waldberta, Munich in 2006
• In 2006, she was honoured with the Zee Astitva Award for excellence in theatre
• In 2007, she was appointed on the board of editors for Theatre, Dance and Performance Training, a theatre journal published from the University of Leeds, London
• In 2011, she was awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar for her contribution to Indian theatre as a director
What: died at 67
When: 30 November 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.