Sathiyan Gnanasekaran on 24 September 2016 won the men's singles title of the Belgium Open.
Sathiyan won his first pro title by defeating Nuytinck Cedric 4-0 in the final 15-13, 11-6, 11-2, 17-15 at De Haan in Belgium.
With this, Gnanasekaran became the second Indian table tennis player to win an ITTF event. Achanta Sharath Kamal is the first Indian to win an ITTF event in 2012.
About Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
• Sathiyan Gnanasekaran is an Indian table tennis player.
• He is ranked 160 in the world as of February 2016.
• He was a member of the Indian team that took the bronze in the 2011 Junior World Championships.
• He hails from Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
• He was educated as an engineer.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 24 September 2016
SEBI to relax listing norms for start-ups; renames ITP as ‘Innovators Growth Platform’
First International Conference on ‘Sustainable Water Management’ held in Mohali
UAE to double women’s representation in Federal National Council to 50 per cent
FAO Council approves India’s proposal to observe 2023 as International Year of Millets