Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel on 26 March 2017 defeated Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton to clinch the 2017 Australian Grand Prix.
It was Vettel's first win since the Singapore Grand Prix in September 2015.
About Sebastian Vettel
• Born on 3 July 1987, Sebastian Vettel is a German racing driver.
• At present, he is driving in Formula One for Scuderia Ferrari.
• He is a four-time Formula One World Champion. He won the championship in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 with Red Bull Racing.
• He has held numerous "youngest" Formula One records. A few of them are: the youngest driver to have taken part in an official practice session of a Grand Prix (until Max Verstappen at the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix), to score championship points (until Daniil Kvyat at the 2014 Australian Grand Prix), to lead a race (until Max Verstappen at the 2016 Spanish Grand Prix), and others.
• At present, he is in fourth place among all time race winners.
About Australian Grand Prix
• The Australian Grand Prix is a motor race held annually in Australia.
• The Grand Prix is the oldest surviving motor racing competition held in Australia. The race has been held 79 times since it was first run at Phillip Island in 1928.
• At present, the race is held at the Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit at Albert Park in Melbourne.
• The Australian Grand Prix is the first round of the Championship, having been the first race of each year, excluding 2006 and 2010.
• Australian driver Lex Davison and German driver Michael Schumacher are the most successful drivers in this race.
• The winner of the 2016 Australian Grand Prix was Nico Rosberg.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.