Swadhar Greh scheme approved by Haryana Government for women in distress
The scheme will work upon providing basic amenities, such as shelter, food, clothing and health along with economic and social security to women in distress.
The Haryana Government on 18 October 2015 approved Swadhar Greh scheme, which will assure economic and social security to women in distress. The scheme aims at creating a supportive institutional framework catering to their primary needs in difficult situations.
The scheme will work upon providing basic amenities, such as shelter, food, clothing and health along with economic and social security to women in distress. Also, the scheme will make sure that the special needs of these women are taken care of.
Highlights of the scheme
• Under the scheme, Swadhar Greh will be set up in every district with capacity to accommodate 30 women.
• The Greh will cater to the needs of shelter, food, clothing, medical treatment and care of the women in distress.
• It will enable them to regain their emotional strength.
• It will provide the women with legal aid and guidance to enable them to take steps for their readjustment in family or society.
• More than one Greh will be established in big cities and districts with over 40 lakh population or those districts where there is a need for additional support to women.
• Women above 18 years of age can take benefit of the component.
• Children accompanying the women can also avail the benefit of the component.
The scheme promises to provide the benefits to women who are deserted and are without social and economic support, prisoners released from jail and are without family, survivors of natural disasters left homeless and are without social and economic support.
Swadhar Greh will also cover female victims of domestic violence, family tension or discord, who are made to leave their homes without any means of subsistence and have no special protection from exploitation and/or facing litigation on account of marital disputes.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App