The Minister for I&B Launched the Online Portal for the Bharat Nirman Campaign
The Minister for Information & Broadcasting Manish Tewari on 9 September 2013 launched the online portal for the Bharat Nirman Campaign.
The Minister for Information & Broadcasting Manish Tewari on 9 September 2013 launched the online portal for the Bharat Nirman Campaign. The online portal provides an interactive digital platform for the creative campaign on various schemes and programmes of the Bharat Nirman Campaign.
Primary features of the digital platform
• The digital platform is both in English and Hindi with creatives in 11 regional languages.
• The portal enables the user to get information about the Bharat Nirman schemes at a single place.
• It also has live integration with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and You Tube.
• The portal has apps for mobiles and tablets to provide easy reading.
About the multimedia Bharat Nirman Campaign
• The Phase II of the 2013 comprehensive multi media campaign was launched by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting on 14 August 2013.
• The 360 degree communication approach used all formats of media such a TV, radio, print, outdoor publicity and special outreach programmes.
• The multimedia campaign was supported by a strong media outreach programme through eight Public Information Campaigns (PICs) in rural areas conducted by the Press Information Bureau (PIB) with support from the Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity (DAVP), Directorate of Field Publicity (DFP) and the Song & Drama Division.
• It is important to note that as of now four PICs have been supported by the Jamunia Sound and Light Show.
Apart from the online portal, the Minister for Information & Broadcasting Manish Tewari also launched All India Radio’s initiative called AIR News free SMS service. The service provides AIR news headlines free of cost to its subscribers on mobile telephones.