At the ongoing Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Indian advertising agencies grabbed a range of awards. While the Taproot India won two Gold Lions, Grey Worldwide India on the other hand won two bronze lions. Also, the O&M India won two bronze lions. The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity started off on 16 June 2013 and will end on 22 June 2013 in Canes, France.
The Farmers Suicide campaign of Taproot India helped it win two gold, but in different categories. Grey Worldwide India, in the meanwhile, grabbed the bronze lion for the Divorce creative for DHL Express Courier. The second bronze lion won by Grey Worldwide India was for Procter & Gamble’s (P&G) Duracell Batteries’ Positive & Negative campaign. The specialty of ad campaign of Grey Worldwide India for Duracell Batteries was that it was created without the logo for the first time. The brand positioning got it advert clicks.
O&M India won the bronze lion for the Philips Electronics India’s LED torch’s campaign. It won another bronze for Roti Reminder campaign of Hindustan Unilever's Lifebuoy, which helped it win under Charity and Not for Profit category. It is important to note that O&M India also won the medal at the Clio Awards 2013 in New York for Innovative use of Media.
No medals were however grabbed in the media category by any Indian advertising agency. Nevertheless, Leo Burnett had sent Coke Studio entry in this and O&M India sent Super Dog Chewy entry.
About the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
• The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity was formerly known as the International Advertising Festival.
• It is the international level festival for the professionals working in advertising as well as related fields.
• Every year, 11000 members of global creative communications industries join the Cannes Lions Advertising Festival.
• The Cannes Lions Awards set up the benchmark for excellence in creative communications since the year 1954.
• The festival is held every year at Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in Cannes, France.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.