Cabinet approves MoU between India and Sao Tome and Principe for cooperation in the field of Medicine and Homoeopathy
• The Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Sao Tome and Principe for cooperation in the field of traditional systems of medicine and homoeopathy.
• The MoU was signed in March 2018 with an aim to enhance bilateral cooperation between the two countries in the areas of Traditional Systems of Medicine.
• The initiatives taken between the two countries will be as per the terms of reference of the MoU.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Sao Tome and Principe on cooperation in Medicinal Plants
• The Union Cabinet approved MoU between India and Sao Tome and Principe on cooperation in the field of Medicinal Plants. This MoU was signed in March 2018.
• India is one of the richest countries in the world in terms of the production of Medicinal Plants. Out of the 17000-18000 species of flowering plants, more than 7000 are estimated to have medicinal usage.
• Medicinal plants are not only a major resource base for the traditional medicine & herbal industry but also provide livelihood and health security to a large segment of Indian population.
Cabinet apprised of MoA between India and WHO
• The Union Cabinet was apprised of the Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) between India and World Health Organisation represented by its Regional Office for South-East Asia acting through its Country Office in India.
• The MoA was signed on March 13, 2018 in New Delhi to encourage cooperation between India and WHO.
• The MoA will facilitate in improving the public health status of the people in India.
Cabinet approves MoU on regulation of medical products for human use amongst BRICS countries
• The Union Cabinet approved the MoU on cooperation in the field of regulation of medical products for human use amongst the medicine regulatory agencies of the BRICS countries.
• It would facilitate better understanding about the regulatory aspects between the BRICS nations and India.
• It will help in increasing India’s export of medical products to BRICS countries.
Cabinet approves Long Term Agreements for supply of iron ore to Japan and South Korea
• The Union Cabinet approved the renewal of Long Term Agreements (LTAs) for supply of iron ore (lumps and fines) to Japanese Steel Mills (JSMs) and POSCO, South Korea for another five years up to March 31, 2023 through MMTC Limited.
• The quantities of iron ore proposed for supply through MMTC Limited under these LTAs will be of grade +64% Fe content.
• Export of iron ore under the LTAs will help to strengthen India’s bilateral ties with Japan and South Korea to secure an export market and result in inflow of foreign exchange.
Cabinet approves declaration of Scheduled Areas of Rajasthan under Fifth Schedule of the Constitution
• The Union Cabinet approved the declaration of Scheduled Areas of Rajasthan under Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of India by withdrawal of the Constitution Order (C.O.)114 dated February 12, 1981 and promulgation of a new Constitution Order.
• The promulgation of Constitution Order will ensure that the Scheduled Tribes of Rajasthan will get benefits of protective measures available under the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of India.
• The Scheduled Tribes residing in Banswara, Dungarpur, Pratapgarh, and partial areas of Udaipur, Rajsamand, Chittorgarh, Pali and Sirohi districts of Rajasthan will be highly benefitted.