Top Current Affairs Quiz: 23 September 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Boxing Championship 2019, Oscar 2019, Emmy Awards, multipurpose ID card and Thomas Cook Bankruptcy among others.
23 September 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Boxing Championship 2019, Oscar 2019, Emmy Awards, multipurpose ID card and Thomas Cook Bankruptcy among others.
1. Who recently created history by winning a silver medal in the World Boxing Championship 2019?
a) Amit Panghal
b) Vijay Sardana
c) Anuj Chugh
d) Sarvesh Dayal
2. Which series among the following have recently won ‘Outstanding Drama Series Award’ in Emmys this year?
a) Sacred Games
b) Lust Stories
d) Game of Thrones
3. Which film has been nominated for Oscar 2019 as India’s official entry?
a) Gully Boy
4. Which among the following travel giants collapsed recently due to bankruptcy?
b) Virgin Atlantic
c) British Airways
d) Thomas Cook
5. Which nation has cut off power to parts of West Bank?
6. Which among the following wrestlers pulled out of his title bout due to injury at the World Wrestling Championships 2019?
a) Bajrang Punia
b) Deepak Punia
c) Rahul Aware
d) Ravi Kumar Dahiya
7. Who among the following proposed the idea of multipurpose ID card?
a) Amit Shah
b) Rajnath Singh
c) Narendra Modi
d) Nirmala Sitharaman
8. Which city hosted the Howdy Modi event wherein PM Narendra Modi and US President Donald Trump shared the stage together?
c) Las Vegas
d) New York
9. When is the International Day of Sign Languages observed across the world every year?
a) 21st September
b) 22nd September
c) 23rd September
d) 24th September
10. Who among the following won the Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix recently?
a) Sebastian Vettel
b) Max Verstappen
c) Charles Leclerc
d) Lewis Hamilton
1. (a) Amit Panghal
Amit Panghal has become first Indian boxer who recently won silver medal in World Boxing Championship 2019. He lost to Shakhobidin Zoirov in the 52kg category. Earlier, India had never won silver medal in World Boxing Championship.
2. (d) Game of Thrones
In 71st Emmy Awards held at LA, Game of Thrones has won Outstanding Drama Series Award. Apart from this, Peter Dinklage recieved Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series award for his role in Game of Thrones.
3. (a) Gully Boy
'Gully Boy' has been nominated by India for the Oscar Awards to be held in February 2020. The film is directed by Zoya Akhtar while Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt are the main characters in this film. Gully Boy depicts the story of a man who becomes a famous rapper coping with his adverse circumstances.
4. (d) Thomas Cook
Thomas Cook, 178-year-old British travel giant has declared bankruptcy, leaving 150000 British citizens stranded abroad, triggering the largest-ever peacetime emergency rescue operation in the British history.
5. (b) Israel
Israel cut off power to some parts of occupied West Bank on Sunday saying that there were outstanding payments amounting to almost US$483 million.
6. (b) Deepak Punia
India’s Deepak Punia pulled out of his title bout at the World Wrestling Championships to settle for silver due to an ankle injury that he sustained during his semifinal bout.
7. (a) Amit Shah
Union Home Minister Amit Shah on September 23, 2019 proposed the idea of a single multipurpose identity card for citizens with all the utilities such as Aadhaar, driving license, passport and bank accounts.
8. (a) Houston
PM Narendra Modi and the US President Donald Trump addressed the 'Howdy, Modi’ event in Houston on September 23rd, 2019. Trump is the first US President to share the stage with Indian Prime Minister to address the Indian-American Community.
9. (c) 23rd September
The International Day of Sign Languages is observed across the world on 23 September every year to highlight the importance of sign language for people who have hearing inability. The first International Day of Sign Languages was observed on September 23, 2018.
10. (a) Sebastian Vettel
Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel won the Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix on September 22, 2019. Vettel is a four-time world champion of Formula One (F1).