28 September 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Model Code of Conduct, Parakram Parv and Sabarimala Temple verdict among others.
1. The Election Commission recently announced that the Model Code of Conduct will be applicable to the caretaker government in case of premature dissolution of state assembly. Which state assembly announced its premature dissolution in September 2018?
2. PM Modi recently inaugurated the Parakram Parv in Jodhpur to mark the second anniversary of the surgical strikes. When did the Indian Army carried out the surgical strikes in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir?
a) September 28, 2016
b) September 29, 2016
c) September 30, 2016
d) October 1, 2016
3. The Union Government constituted the Lokpal Search Committee for recommending names for Lokpal under whom chairmanship?
a) Arundhati Bhattacharya
b) Lalit K Panwar
c) Justice Ranjana Desai
d) AS Kiran Kumar
4. When the World Rabies Day is celebrated every year?
a) September 25
b) September 26
c) September 27
d) September 28
5. What was India’s rank in Human Capital Index 2018?
6. The United Nations declared Nelson Mandela Decade of Peace during which period?
a) 2018 to 2027
b) 2019 to 2028
c) 2020 to 2029
d) 2021 to 2030
7. Which country will be the host country for the official World Tourism Day celebrations for the UNWTO in 2019?
a) Sri Lanka
8. Which state was adjudged the best state/union territory in the ‘Comprehensive Development of Tourism’ category among rest of India in the National Tourism Awards 2016-17?
b) Andhra Pradesh
9. Which two cities were awarded the Best Heritage City award in the National Tourism Awards 2016-17?
a) Jaipur, Delhi
b) Ajmer, Varanasi
c) Ahmedabad, Mandu
d) Gaya, Hampi
10. The Supreme Court of India has lifted the ban on entry of women of all ages into which temple?
a) Padmanabhaswamy Temple
b) Vadakkunnathan Temple
c) Sabarimala Temple
d) Guruvayur Temple
11. Which lone judge among the five-judge constitution bench gave a dissenting opinion in the SC’s 4: 1 majority verdict allowing women’s entry in Ayyappa temple?
a) Indu Malhotra
b) DY Chandrachud
c) Rohinton Nariman
d) Ashok Bhushan
12. Which country has constituted a High Level Advisory Group to review its global trade strategy?
c) Sri Lanka
1. (a) Telangana
The Election Commission of India on September 27, 2018 announced that the Model Code of Conduct will be applicable to the caretaker government till the formation of new government, in case of premature dissolution of state assembly. This significant order will have an immediate impact in poll-bound Telangana.
2. (b) September 29, 2016
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on September 28, 2018 inaugurated the Parakram Parv at the Combined Commanders' Conference in Jodhpur to mark the second anniversary of the surgical strikes carried out by the Indian army on September 29, 2016.
3. (c) Justice Ranjana Desai
The Union Government on September 27, 2018 constituted the Lokpal Search Committee under the chairmanship of former Supreme Court judge Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai for recommending names for Lokpal.
4. (d) September 28
World Rabies Day is observed annually on 28 September to raise awareness about rabies prevention and to highlight progress in defeating the disease. Rabies is a zoonotic disease (a disease that is transmitted from animals to humans), caused by the rabies virus, of the Lyssavirus genus, within the family Rhabdoviridae.
5. (a) 158th
India ranked 158th in the world for its investments in education and health care, according to the first-ever scientific study ranking countries for their levels of human capital in the Human Capital Index 2018. Finland topped the list.
6. (b) 2019 to 2028
The United Nations (UN) recently declared the period from 2019 to 2028 as the Nelson Mandela Decade of Peace at the Nelson Mandela Peace Summit in New York. UN called for redoubling efforts to pursue international peace and security, development and human rights.
7. (c) India
India will be the host country for official World Tourism Day celebrations for the UNWTO, in 2019. The information was shared by Union Tourism Minister K J Alphons while presenting the National Tourism Awards 2016-17 on September 27, 2018, on the occasion of the World Tourism Day.
8. (b) Andhra Pradesh
The state of Andhra Pradesh bagged the first prize in the ‘Comprehensive Development of Tourism’ category in the National Tourism Awards 2016-17. While Kerala came second, Rajasthan and Goa jointly won the third prize in the category.
9. (c) Ahmedabad, Mandu
The cities of Ahmedabad, Mandu were declared joint winners of the Best Heritage City award in the National Tourism Awards 2016-17. The awards were presented by Union Minister for Tourism (IC), K J Alphons on the occasion of the World Tourism Day.
10. (c) Sabarimala Temple
The Supreme Court of India on September 28, 2018 allowed the entry of women into the Sabarimala Ayyappa temple in Kerala. The apex court held that women, irrespective of their age, have the right to enter the temple.
11. (a) Indu Malhotra
The Supreme Court’s five-judge constitution bench on September 28, 2018 allowed the entry of women into the Sabarimala Ayyappa temple in Kerala by a 4:1 majority. The bench delivered four separate judgements. While CJI Dipak Misra wrote the judgement on behalf of himself and Justice AM Khanwilkar, Justices DY Chandrachud and RF Nariman both wrote judgements that concurred with the CJI and the lone woman judge on the bench, Indu Malhotra, wrote a dissenting judgement.
12. (d) India
Union Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu has approved the constitution of a High Level Advisory Group (HLAG) to make recommendations for identifying opportunities and addressing challenges in order to find a way forward for India in the contemporary global trade scenario.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week