6 November 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like world’s largest airport, edible oil refinery and INS Arihant Day among others.
1. Which Indian port is planning to host an edible oil refinery?
a) Marmagao Port
b) Jawaharlal Nehru Port
c) Cochin Port
d) Tuticorin Port
2. India has signed three MoUs on matters relating to Extradition Treaty, Atomic Energy and VISA Waiver with which nation?
3. The world’s largest airport has been unveiled in which country?
4. Which nuclear submarine among the following has successfully completed its first deterrence patrol?
a) INS Arihant
b) INS CHAKRA
c) INS Kalvari
d) INS Khanderi
5. When is the World Science Day for Peace and Development observed globally?
a) 7 November
b) 8 November
c) 9 November
d) 10 November
6. India signed a loan pact of Rs 18.17 crore for the construction of the Turga Pumped Storage in West Bengal with which country?
7. The first-ever India-US Dialogue On Intellectual Property (IP) was launched in which city?
b) New Delhi
c) New York
d) Washington DC
8. Which city will host the 2018 India International Cherry Blossom (IICB) festival?
1. (b) Jawaharlal Nehru Port
India’s largest container port, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) is planning to host an edible oil refinery to maximise revenue and ensure captive cargo. The land will be leased out on a long-term basis and it will be beneficial for the port, as it will give it captive cargo.
2. (d) Malawi
India and Malawi have signed three MoUs on Extradition Treaty, cooperation in the field of Atomic Energy for peaceful purposes and VISA Waiver for Diplomatic and Official Passports. India will also extend a new Line of credit of 215 million US dollars to Malawi for 18 water projects.
3. (c) Turkey
The world’s largest airport was unveiled by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan outside Istanbul. The new $11.7 billion will be one of the world's busiest, though it will not be fully operational until January. The name of the new airport will be Istanbul Airport. The airport uses mobile applications and artificial intelligence for customers, is energy efficient and boasts of a high-tech security system.
4. (a) INS Arihant
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 5, 2018 announced that India’s first indigenous nuclear submarine INS Arihant has successfully completed its “first deterrence patrol", which signifies the underwater warship, has undertaken its maiden long-range mission with "live" nuclear-tipped missiles.
5. (d) 10 November
The World Science Day for Peace and Development was observed on November 10, 2018 across the world. The day highlights the significant role of science in society and the need to engage public in debates on emerging scientific issues.
6. (a) Japan
India and Japan recently a Loan Agreement worth Rs 1817 crore for the ‘Project for the Construction of Turga Pumped Storage (I)’ in West Bengal. The purpose of the Project is to strengthen the capability to respond to fluctuation in supply and demand of power and to improve stability of the power supply by constructing the pumped storage facilities.
7. (b) New Delhi
The first-ever India-US Dialogue On Intellectual Property (IP) was launched in New Delhi to deepen bilateral strategic cooperation on IP policy. The dialogue was launched by US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) and FICCI in partnership with the US-India Business Council.
8. (c) Shillong
The 2nd edition of the India International Cherry Blossom (IICB) festival will be held in Shillong from November 14 - 17. It is the world’s only autumn cherry blossom festival.