TS GENCO and BHEL signed MoU for power generation in Telangana
TS GENCO and BHEL signed MoU to establish thermal power plants to generate 6000 MW of electricity in Telangana.
Telangana State Power Generation Corporation (TS GENCO) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) signed MoU to establish thermal power plants to generate 6000 MW of electricity in Telangana in the next three years. The MoU was signed in Hyderabad on 5 October 2014.
According to the MoU, 4000 MW will be set up at Manuguru of Khammam district and the other 2000 MW at Ramagundam in Karimnagar district. The land for the projects will be allocated by the Telangana Government and power will be generated by importing coal.
About Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
• BHEl is a Central Public Sector Unit, which was established in 1964 for rise in Heavy Electrical Equipment industry in India.
• BHEL is an integrated power plant equipment manufacturer and one of the largest engineering and manufacturing company in India engaged in the design, engineering, manufacture, construction, testing, commissioning and servicing of a wide range of products and services for the core sectors of the economy, viz. Power, Transmission, Industry, Transportation (Railway), Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas and Defence.
• BHEL attained the Maharatna status in 2013.
About TS GENCO
• Telangana Power Generation Corporation Limited commenced its operations on 02 June 2014.
• It was formed with an aim to Self sufficiency in power in next three years, 12000 MW overall capacity addition and providing reliable and uninterrupted power supply to Agriculture, Industrial, Commercial and Domestic sectors.