Union Government and ATDC signed MoU for employment oriented training to youths
Union Government of India and Apparel Training & Development Centre signed a MoU for employment oriented training to youths.
Union Government and Apparel Training & Development Centre (ATDC) on 9 December 2014 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for employment oriented training to youths.
The objective of the MoU is to provide a framework whereby ATDC can run employment oriented training to the youth at national level.
Details of the MoU
• ATDC to run customized courses in association with large apparel export houses and leading domestic manufacturers
• Courses run by ATDC will be approved by National Council of Vocational Training (NCVT) which will facilitate the candidates to get NCVT certificates.
• ATDC to have freedom in developing such vocational courses wherein theory portion of the courses can be taught in the training centre and practical in the industry
• ADTC to ensure 80 percent of the students in a batch gets employment.
The MOU will help in three ways
• It will cut short many impediments in nationwide implementation of the skill based programs.
• It will focus on changing technology being incorporated in courses.
• It will focus more on longer duration program with support of DGE&T by tuning with industry inputs.
Earlier similar MoU have been signed by the Director General, Directorate General of Employment & Training (DGET) with other industry establishments to implement the skill based programs with an objective to generate employment.
These include Maruti Suzuki India Ltd and TATA Motors in Automobile Sector, Labournet in Construction sector, Raymond in Textile Sector, Cadila in Instrument Mechanic sector, Gujarat Industries Power Company Ltd in Power Sector.
About Apparel Training & Development Centre
ATDC set up under the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) has emerged as Largest Vocational Training Network for the Apparel Sector in India. Its network includes around 175 ATDCs comprising of 65 ATDC Vocational Institutes and over 135 ATDC- SMART Centres and Skill Camps present in major Apparel clusters spread across 22 states & 85 cities Pan India.