The Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary on 17 July 2015 launched the Centralized Delhi Police Railway Helpline number 1512. This helpline will serve as a very useful mechanism for rail passengers.
The passengers now can file complaints and make suggestions from moving trains without deboarding through this helpline. An FIR will be lodged on fax or email and copy of the FIR will be sent to the complainant through fax/email/post.
Benefits of this Helpline
• Any person can make calls on this all-India Helpline Number from anywhere across the country.
• This Helpline will deal with cases related to problems faced by passengers at Railway Stations and on moving trains.
• Cases can also be lodged on Police Control Room No.100 and the Delhi Police Railway’s dedicated WhatsApp No 875081512 where related Photos and Videos can also be received.
• STD facilities have been provided in the Delhi Police Control Room to contact anybody in distress. The Delhi Police Railway Control Room will promptly transfer the complaint to escort duty staff in running train for immediately attending to the passenger’s grievance.
• Police Officers will remain in touch with complainants till their problem is resolved.
• Passengers having their mobile phones registered anywhere else across the country, they can also access the Delhi Police Railway Helpline by dialing 1XXX-XX-1512.
• A phone call on 1512 from anywhere in India will land in the concerned Control Room of State Government Railway Police (GRP), thereby leading to swift response to attend the distress call.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App