Arun Jaitley, the Union Finance Minister, on 10 July 2017 launched Aaykar Setu, a new tax payer service module.
The module was launched in a mobile responsive android version along with the desktop version to enhance mobile access experience.
Key highlights of the module
• While launching the Aaykar Setu, Arun Jaitley stated that this e-initiative would help in reducing physical interface between assesses and tax assessing authorities and thereby minimizing the chances of any tax harassment.
• The new step is an effort by the Income Tax Department (ITD) to directly communicate with the taxpayers, on a range of multiple informative and useful tax services aimed at providing tax information at their fingertips.
• The new tax payer service module compiles various tax tools, live chat facility, dynamic updates and important links to various processes within the Income Tax Department in a single module.
• The tax payers will also be able to receive regular updates regarding important tax dates, forms and notifications on mobile numbers registered with the Income Tax Department.
• The taxpayers, who wish to receive such SMS alerts, will have to register their mobile numbers in the Aaykar Setu module.
Who: Union Government
When: 10 July 2017
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports