Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare, on October 13, 2018 released an Analytical Report of the National Health Profile 2018. This is the 12th edition of the health profile.
The report was prepared by the Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI), under the aegis of the Directorate General of Health Services. CBHI has been publishing National Health Profile every year since 2005.
The National Health Profile 2018 covers demographic, socio-economic, health status and health finance indicators, along with comprehensive information on health infrastructure and human resources in health.
National Health Resource Repository (NHRR)
• The National Health Resource Repository is the country’s first ever national healthcare facility registry of authentic, standardised and updated geo-spatial data of all public and private healthcare establishments.
• It provides understanding the health indicators of the country and an opportunity to monitor the situation. It indicates that significant progress has been made in the country for various health outcomes.
• The vision of the NHRR project is to strengthen evidence-based decision making and develop a platform for citizen and provider-centric services by creating a robust and secured IT-enabled repository.
• NHRR will be the ultimate platform for comprehensive information of both, Private and Public healthcare establishments including Railways, ESIC, Defense and Petroleum healthcare establishments.
• Under the Collection of Statistics Act 2008, over 20 lakh hospitals, doctors, clinics, diagnostic labs, pharmacies and nursing homes would be listed under the NHRR on over 1400 variables.
• This repository will enable advanced research towards ongoing and forthcoming healthcare challenges arising from diseases, environment, etc.
• Approximately 4000 trained professionals are working to approach every healthcare establishment for information collection.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is the project technology partner adhering to paramount Data Security.
• The aim of the project is to develop a comprehensive platform for over 25 lakh healthcare establishments.
• The platform will be very useful for all key stakeholders – government, private health establishments and the public.
• NHRR will cohesively work with Ayushman Bharat - National Health Protection Mission (AB-NHPM) and Central TB Division (CTD) on an integrated plan for the larger benefit of ensuing Hospital empanelment and private sector engagement.
National census for all healthcare facilities
• The key expected outcomes of the NHRR project are to provide comprehensive data on all health resources including private doctors, health facilities, chemists, and diagnostics labs.
• It will establish a National Health Resource Repository for evidence based decision making, aligned with the Digital India mission.
• It will enhance the coordination between central and state government for optimisation of health resources and improving accessibility of data at all levels, including State HODs.
• It will create a reliable, unified registry of country’s healthcare resources showing the distribution pattern of health facilities and services between cities and rural areas.
• It will generate real-world intelligence to identify gaps in health and service ratios, and ensure judicious health resource allocation and management.
• It will identify key areas of improvement by upgrading existing health facilities or establishing new health facilities keeping in view the population density, nature, health condition, distance, etc.
• It will enhance center and state government coordination to ensure intelligent use of health resources to ensure superior health access, service delivery and improve accountability for effective centre-to-state funding.
• It will improve the visibility of Private providers to enable Public-Private Partnerships.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
Who: Union Government