Zaheer Khan on 22 December 2013 became the fourth Indian bowler to claim 300 wickets in Test Cricket. Jacques Kallis was his 300th wicket in international test cricket on the fifth day of the first cricket test match against South Africa in Johannesburg at the Wanderers Stadium.
With the 300 wickets, Zaheer joined the club of bowlers of India, who has taken 300 wickets namely Kapil Dev (434 wickets), Anil Kumble (619 wickets) and Harbhajan Singh (413 wickets). He also became the most successful left arm fast bowler after Wasim Akram of Pakistan (414 wickets) and Chaminda Vaas of Sri Lanka (355 Wickets).
About Zaheer Khan
• Zaheer has taken 282 wickets in 200 one day international matches
• 17 wickets in Twenty20 Internationals
• Zaheer was the highest wicket-taker for India in the 2011 World Cup
• In 2011, he was conferred with the Arjuna Award, the second highest sporting award of India
• In 2008, he was selected as the Wisden Cricketer of the Year
• He debuted in the International one day’s and test matches in 2000
• He has played for Worcestershire in County Cricket
• He plays for Mumbai in Indian domestic cricket
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group