GK Questions and Answers on Arts & Culture: Set 3
In this article jagranjosh.com is presenting you a set of 10 multiple choice questions with answers based on the arts and culture of India. These questions are very useful for the exams like IAS, PSC, SSC, CDS, Railways and all other competitive exams.
1. Which of the following statement is not true about Bharat Natyam dance?
(a) It is originated from Kerala
(b) It thought to be created by the Bharat Muni.
(c) In ancient time it was in hindu temples
(d) In temple it was performed by the devdasis
2. Which of the following is true about Bharat Natyam dance?
i. It is considered to be a water-dance.
ii. Its music is of Kannada Style.
iii. Leela Samson is famous dancer of this dance
(a) Only i,ii
(b) Only ii, iii
(c) Only iii
(d) All are true
3. Which of the following is not matched correctly?
(a) Kuchupudi: Kerala
(b) Sattriya: Assam
(c) Kathak: North India
(d) Bharatnatyam: Tamil Nadu
4. Who of the following is not associated with Kathak dance?
(a) Birju maharaj
(b) Uma Sharma
(c) Sambhu majaraj
(d) Padma Subramaniyam
5. Which of the following statement is true about Kathak dance?
(a) It is narrative dance form
(b) It is popular in north India
(c) It was originally a temple dance and became court dance during Muslim rulers.
(d) All of the above
6. Aachan Maharaja and Sitara Devi are associated with………….
7. Which of the following is matched correctly?
(a) Sonal man singh: Bharatnatyam
(b) Birju maharaj: odissi
(c) Kuchipudi: Rita Ganguly
(d) Kathak: Lakshmi Narayan Shashtri
8. “Jadda” a form of dance is related to……..
(b) Himachal Pradesh
(d) Andhra Pradesh
9. Which of the following dance belongs to Bihar?
10. Which of the following is NOT matched correctly?
(a) Haryana: Ghumar dance
(b) Assam: Tabal Chongli dance
(c) Karnataka: Kaliyattam dance
(d) Kerala: Kaikottikali dance