This set of 10 questions based on the census 2011 contains questions on the Population density of India. For the convenience of the aspirants we have given answers and explanation of the questions. Hope this quiz will help a lot to aspirants preparing for IAS / PCS / SSC / CDS and other competitive exams.
1. According to Census 2011, which of the following state has the lowest population density in India?
(C) Arunachal Pradesh
(D) Himanchal Pradesh
Explanation: According to Census-2011, the population density of Arunachal Pradesh is only 17 people per square km.
2. According to Census 2011, which union territory has the highest population density?
(D) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Explanation: According to the census 2011, the density of National Capital Territory of Delhi is 11,320 persons per sq km.
3. What is the unit of population density measurement?
(A) Family / meter
(B) Person/ sq. km
(C) Family / cm
(D) Person / Hector
Explanation: Population density is measured in person per km. It is measured that how many people live in one km.
4. Which of the following statements is true?
(A) According to the census 2011, India's population density is 328 people per km.
(B) Uttar Pradesh's population density is 892 person per km
(C) West Bengal has the highest population density
(D) None of the following
Explanation: None of the above
5. According to the census 2011, which state has the highest density?
(A) West Bengal
Explanation: Bihar's population density is the highest 1102. Delhi is a union territory while in question the "state" is asked.
6. Which of the following is not matched correctly?
(A) India's density: 382
(B) Density of Uttar Pradesh: 829
(C) Density of Kerala: 960
(D) West Bengal: 1102
Explanation: Kerala's density is 860
7. According to Census-2011, the correct density order of states in descending order is.....
(A) Bihar <Bengal <Kerala <Maharashtra
(B) Bihar <Bengal <Kerala <Uttar Pradesh
(C) Bengal <Bihar <Uttar Pradesh <Maharashtra
(D) Bengal <Bihar <Haryana <Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: According to the census, the correct decreasing order is: Bihar <Bengal <Kerala <Uttar Pradesh
8. Which is the correct sequence of the decreasing population density of union territories?
(A) Andaman & Nicobar <Delhi <Chandigarh <Puducherry
(B) Delhi <Chandigarh> Puducherry <Daman & Diu
(C) Daman and Diu <Puducherry <Chandigarh <Lakshadweep
(D) Andaman & Nicobar Islands <Delhi <Daman & Diu> Chandigarh
Explanation: Delhi: 11320, Chandigarh: 9528, Puducherry: 2547, Daman and Diu: 2191
9. According to Census 2011, which of the following state has highest population density?
(A) West Bengal
(D) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: West Bengal: 1029, Kerala: 860, Haryana: 573, Uttar Pradesh: 829
10. According to Census 2011, which of the following state/UT has lowest population density?
(A) Himachal Pradesh
(D) Andaman and Nicobar
Explanation: Andaman and Nicobar density of 46 persons per sq. km.