GK Questions with Answers on Medieval History: Bhakti Movement Set III consists of 10 Multiple Type Questions that attune and equipped the aspirants according to the evolving nature of different competitive examinations like UPSC-prelims, IAS-prelims, SSC, CDS, NDA, State Services, and Railways etc.
1. Select the correct statement related to the Bhakti Movement in Medieval History in India.
A. To the theistic devotional trend that emerged in medieval Hinduism and later revolutionised in Buddhism.
B. To the theistic devotional trend that emerged in medieval Hinduism and later revolutionised in Jainism.
C. To the theistic devotional trend that emerged in medieval Hinduism and later revolutionised in Sikhism.
D. None of the above
2. What the term ‘Bhakti’ refers to?
A. Bhakti is derived from the root bhaj, which means "divide.
B. Bhakti is derived from the root bhaj, which means collaboration.
C. Both A & B
D. Only B
3. Which of the following are the basis tenants of Bhakti Movement?
A. Ideas was the Bhakti movement—devotion to God. Bhakti to God was accepted as salvation.
B. Ideas was the Bhakti movement—devotion to God with the help of priest. Bhakti to God was accepted as damnation.
C. Spiritual sessions in meeting places known as zawiyas, khanqahs, or tekke
D. Described as the interiorization, and intensification of human faith and practice.
4. Which of the following text introduces bhakti marga (the path of faith/devotion) as one of three ways to spiritual freedom and release?
D. Bhagwat Gita
5. The movement started with.....and.....
A. the Saiva Nayanars
B. the Vaisnava Alvars
C. Nirguna Saints
D. Both A & B
6. Which of the following concept the Bhakti movement of Hinduism saw two ways of imaging the nature of the divine (Brahman)?
A. Nirguna and Saguna
7. Consider the following statement (s) related to the social impact of Bhakti Movement in Indian Society.
I. The Bhakti movement was a devotional transformation of medieval Hindu society, wherein Vedic rituals or alternatively ascetic monk-like lifestyle for moksha gave way to individualistic loving relationship with a personally defined god.
II. Bhakti movement provided women and members of the Shudra and untouchable communities an inclusive path to spiritual salvation.
Which is/are correct statement (s)?
A. Only I
B. Only II
C. Both I & II
D. Neither I nor II
8. Which of the following sect is emphasised on nirguni Bhakti – devotion to a divine without Gunas (qualities or form),but it accepts both nirguni and saguni forms of the divine?
D. All of the above
9. Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was an ascetic Hindu monk and social reformer in 16th century was from:
10. Sri Ramanuja Acharya was an Indian philosopher and is recognized as the most important saint of---------
A. Sri Vaishnavism
B. Sri Vaishavism
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.