CBSE Class 12th Chapter, Alcohols, Phenols and Ether carries 4 Marks in board exam. Experts of Jagranjosh.com offer the best practice material that covers all important questions so that students will not miss any portion while preparing for board exams or competitive exams. Consider the mentioned terms/questions at the time of studying.
• Study the classification compounds of alcohol, phenol & ether, as this will give a basic idea of the chapter.
• Write the IUPAC names of the following compounds:
• Understand the –c-OH bond in alcohols, ethers and phenols; its bond angle & properties.
• Understand the mechanism of compound formation by markonikov rule or by any other method.
• Why is lithium aluminum hydride being a strong reducing agent not used for reducing acid to alcohol?
• Grignard reagent is an important catalyst & is usually asked in examination.
• Understand the mechanism using Grignard reagent.
• Preparation of phenol also need to be covered, most important being preparation from cumene.
• The physical properties of alcohols and phenols, with reasonable explanation.
• Chemical reaction showing cleavage of –OH bond.
• Why are primary alcohols more acidic than tertiary alcohols? Explain.
• Why alcohols act as bronsted bases?
• Prove that phenols are stronger acids than alcohols when reaction with water occurs?
• Show how the nitro group can enhance the acidic nature of the phenols?
• Explain the process of acetylation to produce aspirin?
• Explain the mechanism of dehydration of ethanol? Also show the ease of dehydration in the 3 classes of alcohol?
• The process of oxidation in the 3 classes of alcohols.
• Write the Reimer-Teimann reaction.
• How is zymase and invertase in ethanol production?
• What is meant by hydroboration-oxidation reaction?
• What happens to alcohols during dehydration, if elimination competes over substitution?
• Explain the mechanism of the reaction between ether and concentrated hydrogen iodide.
• Why CH3I and not C2H5I is formed on reaction of anisole with HI?
• Complete the following reaction:
Visit CBSE Section to get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, online test with solution, study material, NCERT Solutions And Much More…
CBSE Practical Exams 2019: Follow these 5 tips to get maximum score
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education: 5 Marks questions expected to be asked in 2018 board exam
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education: 3 Marks questions expected to be asked in 2018 board exam
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education: 1 Mark questions expected to be asked in 2018 board exam