CBSE Class 12th Chapter, Aldehydes and Ketones comes under the topic Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acid which carries 6 Marks in board exam. Experts of Jagranjosh.com offer the best practice material that covers all important questions so that students will not miss any portion while preparing for board exams or competitive exams. Consider the mentioned terms/questions at the time of studying.
• Write the IUPAC names of the given compounds:
• The structure of carbonyl group.
• Explain the gatterman-koch reaction for preparation of aldehydes?
• Show the Friedel-craft actylation reaction for formation of ketone. (Very important)
• Why are the boiling point of aldehydes and ketones higher than other hydrocarbons except alcohols?
• Explain the mechanism of nucleophilic addition reaction with the help of a diagram.
• Why is propanal more reactive than propanone? (Very important)
• How is sodium hydrogen sulphite used in purification of aldehydes?
• Addition of Grignard regent. (very important)
• What do you mean by acetals and hemiacetals?
• Write a note on tollen’s test and fehling’s test.
• Write a note on: (very important)
a) Aldol condensation
b) cross aldol condensation.
c) Cannizzaro reaction
• Explain the acidity of α hydrogen atom in carbonyl compounds. With example. (very important)
• Complete the following equation:
• Specialty of formalin.
Visit CBSE Section to get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, online test with solution, study material, NCERT Solutions And Much More...
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education: 3 Marks questions expected to be asked in 2018 board exam
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education: 1 Mark questions expected to be asked in 2018 board exam
CBSE Class 12 Maths Board Exam 2018: Last minute tips to score maximum marks in the paper
CBSE Class 12 Maths Board Exam 2018: List of 6 marks questions expected to be asked this year