CBSE Class 12th Chapter Atoms, carries 2-3 Marks in board exam. Experts of Jagranjosh.com offer the best practice material that covers all important questions so that students will not miss any portion while preparing for board exams or competitive exams. Consider the mentioned terms/questions at the time of studying.
• Describe the Rutherford’s model of an atom?
• Explain alpha particle scattering experiment with a clear schematic diagram?
• Why is Rutherford credited with the discovery of nucleus instead of his theory of observations being wrong?
• Why isn’t any other metal other than gold, used in the alpha particle scattering experiment?
• How can the deduction for the alpha particle trajectory be made?
• Deduce the total energy E for an electron in a hydrogen atom?
• How can you differentiate between emission line spectrum and absorption spectrum?
• Write a short note on the spectral series in a hydrogen atom?
• List the postulates of the Bohr’s theory and find the expression for the energy possessed by an electron in the nth orbit of a hydrogen atom?
• With the help of an energy level diagram explain the energy process in an atom?
• What is Frank-Hertz experiment? How can you account for the line spectra of an hydrogen atom?
• Describe de Broglie explanation for Bohr’s second postulate?
• What are the limitations of the Bohr model of an atom?
• Write a note on laser light?
• What is the significance of negative energy of electron in its orbit?
• How can elements be identified by study of line spectrum?
• Hydrogen atom has only one electron, but its emission spectrum has many lines. Explain with reason?
• The distance of closest approach r0 depends upon the charge of the nucleus but not upon its mass, why?
• What is the distance of closest approach of an alpha particle to the nucleus?
• Explain the meaning of excited atom?
• Which energy state of triply ionized Be3+ has the same orbital radius as that of the ground state of hydrogen? Compare the energies of two state?
• Alpha particles having kinetic energy 1.8 MeV each are incident on a thin gold foil, from a large distance. Applying the principle of conservation of energy, find the closest distance of approach of the alpha particle from the gold nucleus.
• The first and second excitation potentials for mercury atom are 4.9 and 6.7 volt respectively. On the basis, draw energy-level diagram of mercury atom, showing all possible emission and absorption transitions. Calculate the wavelength corresponding to the lowest energy transition in emission. Explain why this transition is not possible in absorption?
• Obtain the formula for frequency of radiation emitted when a hydrogen atom excites from one level n to level (n-1). For large n, show that this frequency equals the classical frequency of revolution of the electron in the orbit?
• What is Bohr’s quantization condition?
• What were the drawbacks of Rutherfor and Bohr model of an atom?
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education: 3 Marks questions expected to be asked in 2018 board exam
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education: 1 Mark questions expected to be asked in 2018 board exam
CBSE Class 12 Maths Board Exam 2018: Last minute tips to score maximum marks in the paper
CBSE Class 12 Maths Board Exam 2018: List of 6 marks questions expected to be asked this year