Department Of Atomic Energy, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) invited applications for recruitment to the post of Scientific Officer (Group A) in OCES and DGFS. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through online on or before 14 February 2014. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) is India's premier nuclear research facility based in Trombay, Mumbai. BARC is a multi-disciplinary research centre with extensive infrastructure for advanced research and development covering the entire spectrum of nuclear science, engineering and related areas.
• Opening date for online Application Forms: 15 January 2014
• Closing date for online Application Forms: 14 February 2014
• Last date to upload GATE score: 28 March 2014
• Date of Online Test: 19 to 24 March 2014
• Date of Display the list of short-listed candidates for Interview: 2nd week of April 2014
• Date of Selection Interviews: 19 May to 19 June 2014
• Date of Display the list of finally selected candidates: 26 June 2014
• Last date for Selected OCES-2014 Candidates: 4 July 2014
• Date of Declaration of list of Persons Selected for DGFS-2014: 2nd week of July 2014
Details of Post
• Name of the Post: Scientific Officer (Group A)
• Name of the Programme: OCES – 2014 and DGFS – 2014
• OCES 2014: One year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Post.
• DGFS 2014: Two-year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Physics Post.
• Candidate’s age should not be more than 26 years as on 1 August 2014.
• Age relaxation is applicable as per Govt. rules.
• For Engineering Disciplines: B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engineering) / A.M.I.E. / A.M.I.E.T.E./A.M.I.I.Ch.E with minimum 60% marks in one of the engineering disciplines mentioned.
• For Physics Discipline: M.Sc. in Physics / Applied Physics or B.E. / B.Tech in Engineering Physics with minimum 60% marks.
• For Chemistry Discipline: M.Sc. in Chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc. and Mathematics up to Std. XII, with minimum 60% marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 Score in ‘Chemistry’.
• For Bio sciences Discipline: M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences and Bio sciences with minimum 60% marks; or B.E./ B.Tech. / B.Sc.(Tech) only in Food Technology with minimum 60% marks.
• For Radiological Safety Engineering: M.Sc. in Physics or Chemistry with Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of integrated M.Sc., and Mathematics up to Std. XII, with minimum 60% marks in M. Sc. as well as in B. Sc.. Those having M.Sc. in Environmental Science are not eligible.
• For Geology Discipline: M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry with Geology at B. Sc. and at least two subjects out of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc., with minimum 60% marks in M.Sc. / M.Tech as well as in B.Sc.
• For Geophysics Discipline: M.Sc. in Geophysics / Applied Geophysics with Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of five year integrated M.Sc., with a minimum 60% marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2013 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
• General and OBC categories Candidate have to pay Rs.250/- as an application fees.
• Women candidates, SC / ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Fee.
Selection will be based on the basis of performance in Written Examination, Gate Score and Personal Interview.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates may apply Online only from the official website www.barconlineexam.in on or before 14 February 2014.
To apply, click on this link: http://www.barconlineexam.in/engineer/index.php