Border Security Force invited applications from male candidates for recruitment to the post of Constables (Tradesmen). The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format within 30 days after publication of this advertisement.
The BSF is a border guarding force of the Government of India. Established on 1 December 1965, it is one of the Central Armed Police Forces. Its primary role is to guard India's international borders during peacetime and also prevent trans border crime.
Closing Date of Application Forms: within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement
Details of Post
- Name of the Post: Constable (Tradesmen) (Male)
- Total No. of Post: 1670 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.5200-20200/- with Grade Pay Rs.2000/- + usual and admissible allowances
Candidates should pass Matriculation or equivalent exam from a recognized board or university with 2 years work experience in respective trades or 1 year certificate course from Industrial Training Institute/Vocational Institute with at least one year experience in respective trade; OR 2 years Diploma from Industrial Training Institute in the trade or similar trade.
- Candidate age should be between 18 years -23 years as on 1 August 2014.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
- Candidates belonging to General and OBC Category will be required to pay Postal order or Demand Draft for Rs. 50/- in favour of Concerned IG/DIG/Commandant payable at bank or post office of concerned Headquarter, under which their state falls.
- No fee required for SC / ST and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
Candidate will be selected on the basis of followings:
- PET- Physical Efficiency Test
- PST- Physical Standard Tests
- Written examination
- Technical Test (Trade Test)
- Medical examination
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format as given in notification.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect along with recent passport size photographs, attested copies of all required Certificates/Documents and one self addressed envelopes of size 23X10 cms with postal stamp with Rs.27/- should be submitted to the concerned Headquarter/RA, under which their state falls within 30 days after publication of this advertisement.
- Candidates should mention “Application for the Post of Constables (Tradesmen)” on the envelope in which the form would be sent.