Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) invited applications for recruitment of Scientist-‘B’ in various disciplines. The candidates eligible for the post can apply online on or before 24 December 2013. The BIS is the national Standards Body of India working under the aegis of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Government of India. It is responsible for activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System Certification, Hallmarking of Gold/Silver Jewellery, Laboratory Testing etc., in the country.
- Opening date for Online Application Forms: 6 December 2013
- Closing date for Online Application Forms: 24 December 2013
- Online Examination Date: 19 January 2014
Details of Posts
Name of the Posts: Scientist-‘B’
Name of the Discipline
- Mechanical Engineering: 31
- Civil Engineering: 24
- Metallurgical Engineering: 9
- Chemical Engineering: 8
- Electrical Engineering: 31
- Computer Engineering/Computer Science: 10
- Textile Engineering: 2
Total No. of Vacancies: 115
- The candidate’s age should be between 21 to 27 years as on 1 December 2013.
- The age relaxation will be given according to the Govt. Rules and Regulations.
Candidate should have Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent with minimum 60% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC category will be required to pay application fee of Rs.750/- only through online payment mode.
- SC/ST/ Ex-Serviceman/ PWD/Women Candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Pay Scale: 15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs.5400 plus allowances
Selection of the candidates shall be made on the basis of online examination and interview.
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply online through BIS website www.bis.org.in on or before 24 December 2013.
- No other means /mode of applications will be accepted.