Established in 1968, Calicut University was the second university to be set up in Kerala and has 31 post graduate departments and 304 affiliated colleges. It invites applications from aspiring candidates for admission to PhD Programme in Engineering disciplines
Name of the Courses for Admission in Calicut University 2013
PhD: in the following Engineering disciplines- Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Chemical
Important Dates for Admission in Calicut University 2013
- Last date for submission of application form: 8 February 2013
- Date of entrance test: 23 February 2013 (9.30 am 12.30 pm)
- Date for declaration of Results: 1 March 2013
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Calicut University 2013
- Post Graduation degree in the concerned discipline with at least 60% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average(GPA) of this University or an equivalent degree
- Regular teachers of approved Government / Aided colleges/ self-financing colleges affiliated to the Universities in Kerala, Teachers of University Departments, candidates appointed as research fellows or research assistants.
- Candidates having 5 years of experience in the state/central government departments, government public undertaking, and boards can also apply provided they qualify eligibility criteria and submit No Objection Certificate from the Employer at the time of admission.
Selection Procedure for Admission in Calicut University 2013
The candidates for Full Time or Part Time PhD will be selected on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Calicut University at Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur.
How to Apply for Admission in Calicut University 2013
Candidates seeking Admission in PhD (Engineering) programme may send application form with original chalan receipt of fee in the office of Principal, Govt. Engineering College, Thrissur, (P.O.) Engineering College, Thrissur (Dist.), Kerala, PIN 680 009.
The envelope containing the application should be super scribed with: “Application for PhD Programme (Engineering).
Application Fee: Rs 50 (For SC/ ST Rs 20) Eligibility test fee is Rs 500 (Rs 200 for SC/ST)
The fee should be submitted in “Janasevana Kendra” or selected branches of the SBT or Treasuries or directly in the Cash Counters in Tagore Nikethan and University Information Centres.
For more details CLICK HERE