Career in Logistics Management
MBA in Logistics management is usually taken up by the aspirants who have interest in outdoor activities. Read the article to know what it holds for you.
With the increased need and growth of the transport and formation of firms in the freight and transportation industry the importance of Logistics Management has vastly increased and perpetuated.
Logistics Management can be defined as the management of proper transportation and facilitation of raw materials, products and services from one place to the other without any physical damage to it.
The logistics management firms are actually the pillars of the Supply Chain Management system of any industry or firm.
The four basic functions of Logistics Management are:
a) Procurement of materials and goods.
b) Transportation of material and goods.
c) Storage of materials and goods and
d) Distribution of materials and goods.
Those looking for a perfect career in Logistics have a number of opportunities and wide scope in this immensely growing field. A huge number of companies are looking for the dedicated professionals in the field of Logistics to appoint them as Logistics Managers. As in today’s world almost all the firms and organizations are in need of a proper and efficient in-house logistics whether it be a service provider industry, factories , plants, manufacturing units or anything else they all need proper Logistics Management. The various sectors looking for such professionals include:
- Retail management.
- Marketing companies.
- Warehouse companies.
- Courier and supply chain management enterprises.
- Cargo companies
- Shipping companies
- Manufacturing operations
The candidate must be having a minimum of 3 years graduation degree from any recognized universities.
Courses for this career option:
- Post graduate Diploma in Logistics Management
- MBA- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Master in Business Management- Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Post graduate diploma in Logistics and Shipping
- PGDM in Logistics and Transport Management.
- PGDM in Logistics and Financial Management.
- MBA in Logistics and Exim Trade ( International Business Management)
- MBA in Logistics and Marketing Management.
- Post graduate diploma in Logistics and Retail Management.
Temples for study
- Indian Institute of Materials Management, Mumbai.
- Institute Of Logistics and Aviation Management, Dehradun.
- Indian Institute Of Logistics, Chennai.
- STES, Sinhgad, Pune.
- Asian Council Logistics Management, Kolkata.
- The School of Business Logistics, Chennai.
- Indian Institute Of Materials Management- IIMM, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Delhi.
- Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai.
- Indian Management School and Research Centre- IMSR, Navi Mumbai.
Fees and payoffs
The fees for the courses vary from college to college normally in the range of 6-7 lakhs for the colleges. Placements with fruitful and handsome packages are one of the advantages of the course as the Logistics and supply chain companies offer 4-6 Lakhs per annum initial salary with regular increments and incentives as well.
Logistics management in itself is a very lucid and diverse career option that tends to make the employee learn a lot in the initial stages and then become the master of all trades very soon. Moreover, the growth and excellence is too good and rapid in this sector.
“Jagran Josh also helps to get information about Top MBA Institutes based upon your choice of Location and Specialization. Click here to get details & the Best Seller “MBA Pedia” eBook, absolutely FREE.